To start off, Mary Grace's Mango Bene: Simply Delicious

One of my closest friends once suggested that I start out writing a blog about food. I don't know why I didn't heed his advice sooner because writing and food have always been close to my heart. Right now, I think it makes perfect sense as this food blog may very well be the marriage of two of my passions. So readers, here goes nothing.

To kick off this blog, I decided to write about Mary Grace's Mango Bene. My mom asked me to bring home a pasalubong while I was out with my friend. Since I was in Trinoma, I decided to buy a cake from Mary Grace.

Mary Grace is one of those restaurants which has a homey aura. The walls are painted with warm colors and decorated with several written notes and wooden furnitures. The design is enough to make you feel relaxed just sitting there. It also emanates an elegant feel to it. The restaurant is a bit classy so one is expected to shell out a little more.

While I was looking at the displays near the counter, I was torn between Mary Grace's Mango Bene and Apple Pie. I asked the waiter which of the two is better. He told me that Mango Bene is their bestseller that's why I opted to buy it.

Here are a few pictures of the cake I bought.




One of the things I like about this cake is that it's simple. It isn't overly garnished. The sansrival cake is covered with white icing and topped with a hefty volume of crescent slices of mangoes. To further strengthen the flavor, there are tidbits of mangoes inside with thin layers of mousse.

Another thing I like about the cake is that it is not awfully sweet. It doesn't make you feel sick of it after getting a few bites. Even the icing isn't too sweet that's why munching on it doesn't make you feel like you swallowed tons of sugar.

My only criticism with the cake is that there were plenty of mango slices on top which taste sour. But the good thing though is that the ones inside are not, so that didn't destroy the whole experience. I just had to simply remove those slices I find less appealing. I guess this is completely understandable as finding sweet mangoes this time of the year is hard.

Mango Bene is a nice treat to your taste buds. It's strength relies on the flavor and the simple yet elegant presentation. It's not a disappointing experience. I surely won't hesitate to buy one again for the family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © For the Love of Food